Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Con Carne! Merlot



So this past weekend, there was a party at my house, which left me with about 10 bottles of wine to finish. Great news for me and for my wallet!
 Tonight I'm about to finish the bottle of Con Carne! Merlot. The label on the back of this bottle describes the wine as "fruitful" with flavors of "cherries, vanilla, and the ideal hint of black pepper." I can definitely taste those flavors in the wine as well. It smells spicy, kind of like peppers or some spicy pepperoni. There's a pretty fruity flavor and a nice round, full bodied taste.I can't really pick out any flavors in particular, but I would describe the wine as smooth and spicy. It's a really smooth wine and I feel like I could drink this without any food along with it. In fact, I am drinking it without any food along with it.
Con Carne! Merlot has a pretty high alcohol content at 13%, but the taste doesn't hint at that.
For the price, this is a really good wine. I only spent around $11 on this wine, which is really reasonable. I would buy this wine again and enjoy a glass of it after work.





No comments:

Post a Comment