Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Root 1: Carmenere




It seems like I'm going to be drinking a lot of Chilean wine tonight.The second "left over" bottle I'm finishing from that party is called Root 1: Carmenere. The wine is a 2011 vintage, and costs around $10, which, again, is a very reasonable price for a bottle that should last me around a week. This wine describes itself as "complex" with flavors of "ripe plum, blackberry, and spice." This wine doesn't taste very spicy to me. It's a pretty dry wine and my mouth feels a little parched after every sip, but the flavors are very fruity to me. This wine is 13.5% alcohol, but since it is very well rounded, the high alcohol content really isn't noticeable. It's a very accessible wine and doesn't need to accompany any food to be enjoyable. This is a pretty full bodied and satisfying wine. I would definitely get this wine again, especially if I were planning to drink it along with dinner or a chocolatey dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment