Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tasting- Casa Bianca Spumante Rosato


This morning I went to the Vintage Cellar for my first wine tasting ever! The first wine I sampled was Casa Bianca Spumante Rosato. This was a sparkling Italian wine and was a really pretty pink color. This was a pretty good wine to start off with. It was sweet and pleasant and crisp. It seemed to almost "prepare" you for sampling the rest of the wines. Coffee is my morning drink of choice and  I did not really feel like I needed to be drinking wine that early in the morning, but trying this one was a good transition from morning grogginess into early afternoon wine drinkin'!
This wine is made from the Pinot Nero grape and the Vintage Cellar noted that it is from  "the vineyards of Montello and the hills of Asoli" which are areas in northern Italy. The label of the bottle of was very simple and unfortunately did not note the year the grapes were picked, but looked very fitting for the bottle. The effect of the color of the wine, shape of the bottle, and design of the label made a very "classy" looking wine.



The Vintage Cellar described this wine as "spicy" with "a fine, persistent mousse, juicy fresh red fruit." I don't think my wine skills are advanced enough to notice all of that yet. What stood out to me the most was the tactile effects on my mouth. It felt really fizzy and made my mouth kind of pucker up, but it was still very sweet.
This was one of the wines I enjoyed the most of the ones I tried today and since the Vintage Cellar sells it for $11.95, it's definitely in my budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment