Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tasting- Nykteri Santorini Yannis

The second wine that the Vintage Cellar gave us to sample was called Nykteri Santorini Yannis. This wine is from Santorini, Greece and http://www.santonet.gr/wineries/wines.htm says the wine comes from  "Assyrtico, Athiri and Aidani" grapes.The grapes for this wine were picked in 2010. Since the Vintage Cellar sells this wine at $13.95, it's a relatively cheap option especially if I want to try it out again.
The Vintage Cellar described this wine as smelling like " jasmine, citrus fruits, flowers, and pear." I didn't really smell any of those, but I probably am just not experienced enough yet to notice.
I did not like this wine as much as I liked the first one, and I had a lot more trouble trying to describe the flavors. When I drank the wine, my mouth just felt dry and I could tell how much more tannins the wine contained. I think wine would have seemed a lot more pleasant and flavorful if I had eaten it with food. Since the wine is pretty inexpensive, maybe I'll give it another shot when I have some more experience  with wine and can pick out the flavors better.

No comments:

Post a Comment