Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Tasting- Beauvert Cotes du Rhone

The fourth wine the Vintage Cellar offered was called Bastide de Beauvert Cotes du Rhone.This wine is from the Rhone valley in France. The grapes were pick in 2009 and according to http://www.cellartracker.com are a blend of grenache and carignan grapes.
The Vintage Cellar said that this wine was supposed to feel "silky" and have "round tannins" but honestly, this wine was just not very pleasant.It tasted smokey, but not in a good way. It was more like smoking a cigarette than drinking wine.It definitely made my mouth dry out the way that Dr. Boyer said tannins would, so I think the Vintage Cellar's description of that was pretty spot on. I'm not sure I would want to try this wine again, but since it's only $11.95, I can at least afford to if I decide I want to one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment