Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Castello Del Poggio Moscato


This Moscato was the second bottle of wine I bought myself this semester. I actually purchased it at the Vintage Cellar for $11.50 after doing the wine tasting on Saturday. This wine came from  Italy and is made from the Muscat grape. The first bottle of wine I bought myself this semester was also a Moscato and I really enjoyed that so I figured I would try another one! 
I loved this wine. It was very accessible to a new wine drinker and I found it to be pretty delicious! I couldn't sense the alcohol in it at all, which i really liked since tasting the alcohol is something that really puts me off when drinking. But when I looked it up on http://www.wine.com, it said the alcohol content was on 5.5%, so this is not really surprising.
The best way I could describe this wine would just be sweet. It tasted yummy and sugary and juicy. It was almost more like drinking that sparkling grape juice you get on New Years when you're a kid than real "grown up" wine. The first few glasses I had, I tried to think of what I was tasting, but it honestly just tasted like grape juice. I ended up cooking with the wine and drinking the wine with what I made, and it definitely enhanced the wine. I didn't feel like it really changed the taste of the wine, but just made it more pleasant and "whole" when I drank it with the food I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment