Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gallo Family- White Zinfandel

This wine I tried at home was a Gallo Family White Zinfandel. This wine is from an area near Modesto, California. I chose this wine to try because my godmother used to work for the Gallo family and I had never tried their wine before. And it only cost like $4.99 at Food Lion!

This wine is pretty interesting. It's very fruity and more bold than the white wines I've been trying. It has flavors that taste a lot like red berries, like strawberries in particular. 
I drank the wine while eating Greek yogurt with honey. The yogurt was not particularly fatty or too sweet so the wine tasted pretty acidic, but not tannic or dry. In fact the wine is pretty sweet, but also very crisp. I like this wine a lot and for the price it is definitely worth it!











No comments:

Post a Comment