Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tasting- Boas Vinhas Tinto

The Boas Vinhas Tinto was the fifth wine I tried at the Vintage Cellar on Saturday. This wine is from the Dao region of Portugal and is made from grapes picked in 2009.According to http://www.herculeswines.co.uk, the grapes used in this blend are
Touriga Nacional, Alforcheiro and Tinta Roriz. At $9.95, this was another reasonably priced wine that most college students could afford.
This was a really interesting wine. I liked it more than the other red wines I tried, and for some reason the only way I can describe this wine is that it tasted like dry Christmas. I think it was more of a feeling that I got from tasting the wine than the taste, but it definitely had some quality that made me feel like it was the holidays all over again. The Vintage Cellar described this wine as tasting like plum and strawberries, but I didn't really think it tasted like that. When I think of those fruits, I think of them as being very sweet and delicious but I definitely did not think this wine tasted sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment