Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Peter Mertes Platinum

This wine was a lucky find on my part! We had a couple of guests in town who didn't finish the bottle and left it for us to finish, so it was basically free! The Peter Mertes Platinum is a white wine from the Pfalz region of Germany of the Reisling variety.The vintage is 2010. This wine has been pretty tasty so far, with a lot of light, fruity flavors. It reminds me a lot of apple and cherry. It's also a little oakey and smokey. This is a lot drier than the other white wines I have been drinking lately, but it is much fuller and more complex than I was expecting.
Another thing about this wine that I thought was pretty cool was that the back label gives food pairings that go well with this wine. I like this wine a lot, but it would definitely be better with food .

No comments:

Post a Comment