Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Mirassou- Reisling

 This Reisling I bought mostly for fun since we watched the Gary V. video about Reislings. This was pretty inexpensive at around $8 from Kroger and the vintage year is 2009. www.mirassou.com says this wine is
"Our Mirassou California Riesling is distinctly soft and approachable yet crisp and fruit-forward. The wine offers aromas of peach, apricots, and spice with intense fruit flavors of red apple and peach." 

To me the reisling just smells kind of sweet and floral. It seems to be more fragrant when it is room temperature rather than just straight out of the fridge.The alcohol in this wine is more noticeable than I would like, but it is not too bad. It is very fruity and I can taste the apple flavors the website mentioned, but like the smell, none of the flavors are particularly pronounced. This wine is ok, but I'm not sure I would buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment